Protecting the Nation's Critical Information Infrastructure
The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) recognized the importance of information security to the economic and national security interests of the United States. FISMA requires each federal agency to develop, document, and implement an agency-wide program to provide information security for the information and information systems that support the operations and assets of the agency, including those provided or managed by another agency, contractor, or other source.
FISMA defines an effective information security program as one that includes:
- Periodic assessments of risk
- Policies and procedures that are based on risk assessments
- Information security for networks, facilities, and information systems
- Security awareness training
- Periodic testing of the effectiveness of IT security policies, procedures, and controls
- Documented remediation process
- Incident response procedures
- Plans and procedures to ensure continuity of IT operations
State and Local Government
Our experience with local and state government enables TrustNet to create customized government facility security and compliance solutions to meet the needs of your agency or entity. We are committed to helping you help protect tax payers' property, your employees, and your citizens with the right integrated IT security and compliance solutions. We service all segments of this sector including State, Municipal, and County government. TrustNet has the expertise in providing security solutions to help protect any size IT environment efficiently and cost effectively. Organizations around the world place their trust in TrustNet to provide security and compliance solutions.
While this sector is no stranger to regulations the challenges have heightened the importance of effective IT security to continue delivering critical public services and ensure economic growth. Today government organizations of all sizes need not only tough security but also the ability to validate compliance to a broad audience of stakeholders. TrustNet´s industry experts understand these challenges and help organizations in the government sector to mitigate these risks and provide the most effective and efficient security and compliance solutions.
How TrustNet Helps the Government Sector
The iTrust security management platform protects computer networks from unauthorized use and malicious attacks from both internal and external sources. iTrust continuously and proactively monitors all network access points enabling government entities to rapidly identify security issues and eliminate network vulnerabilities before they can be exploited. The system provides transparent, unobtrusive, continuous, surveillance, interception, and response to security threats. The cloud and appliance based security-as-a-service is designed for organizations with limited in-house security resources who face the same type of threats as large enterprises. The iTrust security management platform is delivered as an on-demand Web service and fulfills both security and compliance objectives significantly more cost-effectively than traditional enterprise software and hardware.
- Intrusion Detection - TrustShield
- Internal Vulnerability Management - iScan
- External Vulnerability Management - xScan
- Wireless Intrusion Detection - AirTrust
- Log Management - TrustAgent
- File Integrity Monitoring - TrustAgent
- Web Application Scanning - WebTrust
- Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS)
- HIPAA and HITECH
- Incident Response